Turu Ba Ri Tropical Park is located in the province of San Jose, just 47 miles from the metropolitan area. If you take the highway to Orotina via Puriscal, you will enjoy a gorgeous ride. You’ll pass through the picturesque villages of Ciudad Colon and Puriscal, both of which are historical towns. If you’re coming from the Central Pacific area, we’re located just 6 miles from Orotina, 22 miles from Caldera, 28 miles from Puntarenas and 31 miles from Jaco.
Turu Ba Ri Tropical Park Nature Tour (“Bright Moon River” in the Huetar dialect) is a theme park aimed at adventure and ecological tourism. It covers 583 acres of land, of which 247 acres consist of the tropical garden. Turu Ba Ri’ s pristine setting is the perfect place for visitors to learn about Costa Rica’s natural history, discover our ancestor’s lifestyle, have a true adventure experience or just enjoy some remarkable scenery.
ATTRACTIONS AND ACTIVITIES
– Turu Ba Ri Aerial Tram
- Butterfly Garden (Area: 12.300 square feet / Duration: 30 minutes)
- Iguanas Zoo
- Javillos (sand box tree) Trail
- Orchid Garden (Duration 15 minutes)
- Indian Trail (Duration 45 minutes)
- Bromeliads Garden (Duration 15 minutes)
- Palm Collection
- Stream Trail (Duration 20 minutes / Measure 800 feet)
- Countryman’s Farm (Duration 30 minutes)
- Palenque Vegetable Garden (Area 1.075 square feet)
- Trapiche (Sugar Mill)
- Herb Garden
- Vegetable Farm
- Religious Maze
- Fun Maze
- Cactus Collection
- Rio Grande de Tarcoles Overlook
- Crocodiles pound
– Restaurants Garabito and Biriteca: The restaurants have rustic structure that boasts a wood-burning stove, which is used to prepare Costa Rican style buffet lunch. Garabito has a capacity of 50 persons (It is use only for private activities) and Biriteca has a capacity of 240 persons, and depending upon the number of visitors up to 300 persons can be accommodated.
- Los Mangos Restaurant: It has a capacity of 200 persons, also with Costa Rican style buffet meal. This Restaurant offers the chance for visitors to get to know the park, have lunch or just enjoy a beverage without having to go into the park. Breakfast is also offered here, based on traditional foods and fruit plates.
- Los Mangos Sector
- Aerial Tram Sector
- Garabito Sector
– Sensational Cable: Measuring a kilometer long and with a maximum height of 315 feet, guests will reach a top speed of 55 miles per hour. The trip lasts an average of one minute.
- Turu Ba Ri Canopy: it is 4.910 feet long, spread out over 7 cables, 12 platforms and one tower. It lasts approximately one hour. The second option is for more daring individuals. At this Zip line tour clients can enjoy a Tarzan Swing for and additional fee.
- Horseback Ride: Measuring 8.335 feet and lasting between 45 minutes and one tour, this is a great alternative for those who like unite ecology with adventure. During this trip, guides will offer a general explanation about the flora and fauna that can be observed. It is important to mention that even children can participate in this tour as our horses are trained to offer the safety, peace of mind and comfort that our guests deserve.
The park open year round including holidays from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The latest guests can enter the park is at 3:00 p.m. Previous authorization is required for groups to enter the park earlier.
Note: The Park also opens on Mondays at high visitation season and at cruise line visit dates
Free link exchange – Submit your link to the automatic link exchange for free!
Car Hire Paphos Airport Car hire Paphos airport with Car Rental Bookers – offering cheap car hire, economy cars, 7 – 9 seater people carriers, minivans, sports cars, cabriolets, luxury cars and 4×4 car hire at Paphos airport for your business trips and holidays in Paphos Cyprus